As a follow up to yesterday’s post, I thought I’d make a list of some of the silly things I’ve done as a tired mom. I have to admit I’ve been guilty of some pretty ridiculous mom laziness in my time, moreso lately it seems. Some of them, when I think about them, make me literally laugh out loud. So I thought I’d compile a list of my lazies in hopes that it will serve to remind me someday of the craziness of this era of motherhood, and remind some of you that you’re not as bad as you think. I have been guilty of every single one of these at one point or another during motherhood. Judge not, lest ye be judged, got it?
You know you’re a tired mom when…
- you seriously ask yourself if your kids need to brush their teeth EVERY night
- your husband has been doing his own laundry for the past 6 months
- the thought of someone else making your dinner literally makes you cry with joy
- you realize your son has been watching TV all day
- your kids are in bed and you finally get some “me” time, so you sit down in your recliner, turn on your DVR to catch up on your shows, sigh with content and zzzzzzzzzz
- you and your husband’s idea of a late night is 10pm
- your sons’s diaper is so full it’s dragging his pants down to his knees
- you use a baby wipe to clean off the same pair of pants your son has been wearing for the past five days because it’s easier than doing laundry
- the dishes in your sink are piled into a beautiful sculpture at least 6″ above the counter because you’d rather test your balance skills than unload the dishwasher
- your idea of cleaning the bathroom these days involves Clorox clean up wipes, and that’s about it
- your infant daughter has been wearing the same onesie for over 24 hours
- you’ve finally given into the reality that it’s easier to keep your son’s shoes in the car because at least that way you’re not on a 30-minute hunt for them every time you leave the house
- you wait until your refrigerator is completely empty before you even contemplate a trip to the store because gone, long gone, are the days of hopping in the car and running in the store to grab a gallon of milk
- when your children sleep past 7am, you feel like the Queen of England
- you walk out of the house with two different shoes on
- you do things you would have never done with your first child like: letting your infant nap in the car seat, letting your baby sleep in the clothes she’s worn all day, letting someone hold your kid for longer than about two minutes (Oh, it’s been an hour? Sorry, I’ll take my kid back now, if you want me to…)
- you swore you would never be one of “those” moms that wears yoga pants all day, but you’ll be darned if your fat girl pants aren’t the greatest thing in your life right now
- you realize you sent your son to the church nursery with no diapers and one wipe in his diaper bag
- the fact that your husband empties the diaper pail for you turns you on
- you have bathed your child with wipes on more than one occasion
There’s my list so far. If you’re judging me right now, all I can say is, judge away. My kids are happy and we have a lot of fun. I’ll worry about competing with Martha Stewart another day.
Do you have any “you know you’re a tired mom whens” to add? Add yours in the comment section!